Connection problem windows 11 S60pro

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Hendrik
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Private
Firmware Version: 6301

Connection problem windows 11 S60pro

Post by Hendrik »

Good morning,

I have problems connecting an S60pro to DTASwin under Windows 11.

I tested DTA Swin for S Series - New and the older version for XP on Windows 11. The serial cable is fine, this works under Windows XP on an older computer and I also set the correct COM port.

Is the problem because the S60pro's firmware (63.01) is too old or can someone tell me what else I can test?

Greetings Hendrik from Germany
JON-TEC-RALLYE
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Re: Connection problem windows 11 S60pro

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

Good morning, update the firmware to the latest one and it should work.
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA
Hendrik

Post by Hendrik »

Thanks for the feedback.

Do i also need Windows XP to install the latest firmware or does this also work with Windows 11?

And can the control unit be accessed via SWin after updating to the latest version with Windows XP and Windows 11 or no longer with Windows XP?

I also have the question of whether I can make errors with the firmware update that I can't fix on my own.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Do you have suitable drivers for the usb-serial cable ?

Is it showing ok in device manager ?
Hendrik

Post by Hendrik »

Yes, it shows up correctly in Device Manager. The correct driver should be installed. I have also set the serial port correctly in SWIN as shown in the device manager.

I have successfully established the connection to different Windows XP notebooks several times in the past.

The cable is OK too. As mentioned above, will it be due to the firmware of the S60?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Hendrik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:06 am As mentioned above, will it be due to the firmware of the S60?
I would say almost certainly, no. The firmware is not the problem

You say it "should" be the correct driver....not it is the correct driver ?

Exactly what device are you using ?
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

I needed a new serial cable and different serial software when I upgraded to Win10. Old cable worked fine with XP but not with Win10!
Hendrik

Post by Hendrik »

I use a fairly inexpensive USB to serial cable. In the device manager the cable is displayed as follows (Win11). That's why I assumed that the driver was OK.

And since the cable works perfectly with XP, I thought that the cable must be good enough too. I am currently using the following cable. And yes, I know, it was very cheap.
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32832218 ... pt=glo2deu

What kind of cable would you recommend for me?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-01 105556.png
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The one DTA sell ?

I'd be loathe to recommend anything else that I used previously, as I think my last outing would have been on Windows 7. But I've used cheap ones too, and more expensive ones and had good luck.
But as you're having problems, I think the safest option would be to use what DTA recommend.

Serial adapters always seem hit or miss.
But sadly most laptops don't have a serial port these days. And even some laptop hardware can vary. I would assume this has been tested on many platforms to work.
Even some that look the same elsewhere, may not be the same.

https://dtafast.co.uk/shop/usb-to-serial-converter-2/

Although I will list one I used successfully, as the other cheap one I simply can't remember make or where I got it from. So even if I found one similar, could not say it was the same.
I did use this one in the past, but at least it has a make and part number I could find again. Whether it's the same a decade or more on....no idea. Whether it'll work the same with W11...can't say

https://www.ballicom.co.uk/tripp-lite-u ... ml?ref=PLA&

Again, I'd say refer back to DTA and what they offer as they would be testing more.
Hendrik

Post by Hendrik »

You are right. It was the cable.

I tried another usb to serial cable now and it does work now with my S60 and Windows 11.

I tried it with another old S40 of a friend and had to install the older DTA Swin Software for Win XP ob Windows 11. With the new Software it did not work.