Pressure sensor failed

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
njl1968
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Pressure sensor failed

Post by njl1968 »

Hi,
I have a 1.8Kseries in a caterham7 1.8K with TB's, and a DTA S48 ECU, I have had a starting/running issues, needs throttle applied to start then runs very ruff , wont idle, plugs end up black/wet. I have connected up the ECU to a computer for the first time and it is say 'presure 634 failed', numpty question is this the fuel pressure sensor, is this on the fuel rail?

Also have found out my MAP is locked out needs a pin, I bought this car 5 years ago and did not occur to ask for this any way round this as I might like to adjust things in the future?

Cheers

Neil
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Pressure sensor failed

Post by stevieturbo »

That's an E48...there is no S48

Phazer has a program to find the pin code I think.

As for the problem, look at the diagnostic screen, cant think what pressure 634 means ? Unless there is a wiring problem. Sometimes a short on the 5v line can cause strange errors
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think it unlikely that you have a pressure sensor fitted, if you don't the ecu will see it as a fail on the diagnostics screen, but the code 634 would be unlikely on the E48 (silver box) more likely a S40 (black case).
Post some screen dumps of the issues.
njl1968

Post by njl1968 »

Hi,
Not had any time lately thanks for responding, but connected up to the ECU today, its is a E48 version 7.05 firmware 24.0. Excepting teh pressure sensor is a dead end I do see the water temp has a short term error '4523' although not failed. the engine diagnostic is attached below, any suggestions welcome. Also if anyone has the pin unlock programe they can send me I would much appreciate it!
engine diagnostic screen
engine diagnostic screen
Thanks
Neil
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

the number is the amount of errors that have occurred on that sensor since the last time it was reset. ie it has been in error 634 times.

the water temp sensor is most likely causing your problem, could be a loose wire, less likely to be a duff sensor but could be.

fuel pressure is not vital info on this ecu, or at least shouldn't be! the only way to find out if you have one is to have a look round your car, it could be anywhere attached to the high pressure fuel lines.

as for the map unlock, have a look in the forum, its there somewhere!
njl1968

Post by njl1968 »

Hi,
Thanks for replying so promptly much apprecited , I' ll change the water sensor and see.

Happy new year!

Neil