No rpm signal sometimes...... which means No Spark or Fuel

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
proutyc

No rpm signal sometimes...... which means No Spark or Fuel

Post by proutyc »

Sorry for another dumb newbie post

I ran through a heap of checks getting ready to start my race car for the first time. I ran the coil and injector test and you can hear the coils clicking, the injectors click alot louder. It says its synced and not have any My problem is when I crank it over I dont appear to be getting any fuel or spark.

I'm assuming I've made a dumb newbie error somewhere just not sure where best to start.

Any guidance would be great appreciated. Hope to start then will have a 2-3 hour drive to take it to a DTA dyno operator

Thanks in advance
Last edited by proutyc on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: No Spark or Fuel

Post by stevieturbo »

Do a crank scope trace. Likely you arent getting a crank signal.
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

Many thanks Steve.

Here's a screen shot of the scope. Sorry not huge expert on these

thanks for your help.
Attachments
DTAScope.jpg
DTAScope.jpg (11.06 KiB) Viewed 7513 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It's certainly seeing the engine turn over. Can you post a full screenshot, that's very small. What sort of rpm are you seeing when cranking ? and is battery voltage good when cranking. The huge variation in the graph looks like it's struggling every time it sees compression.
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

Yeah Battery was getting a bit down (back on charge today). Will remove all plugs but number 1 and redo tests. Is it normal that when doing this crank test (I have crank type as 0. and manually have 24-1 in the settings) I get a result unknown crank wheel?

Thanks for all the help Stevie appreciate the time educating me on where to look
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

What crank/cam trigger does the engine actually have ?
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

Just the factory Hayabusa 24-1

Just noticed thank on the crank oscillo I dont have an rpm value. On v65.01 should that show on value??
proutyc

Re: No Spark or Fuel - latest findings....

Post by proutyc »

OK now I really feel like I'm getting over my head.

Just checked few more bits. Pulled all plugs and all have spark on test. I turned over engine with only plug in No1. funny thing here is all of a sudden I now have an rpm and also synced cranks signal where it says it's found crank 24-1 and recommends 30 or 180 degrees. Put plugs back in and nothing else and RPM signal gone again....

Can it be current draw through the starter and causing low voltage? Made no difference with jump pack
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think you might have the general engine settings wrong, I can't read that small screen shot but it sounds like you need to set to 24 teeth and 1 missing tooth, I think standard busa trigger is 105 or 110 degrees.
Fkywheel mode 17 if you are using cam sensor or mode 0 if not.
I also recommend 0 tooth on start up, this can help prevent kick back and damaging starter assembly and crankcase breakages.
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

Many thanks Rob.

Didnt get to car last night. So If I want batch on crank and then switch to seq above 1000rpm do I still put it in mode 17?

Thanks