No rpm signal sometimes...... which means No Spark or Fuel

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
proutyc

Re: No rpm signal sometimes...... which means No Spark or Fu

Post by proutyc »

Thanks everyone.

just a bit of an update. Spoke with Allana dn ytou guys are exactly correct and problem solved

Issue is that the starter is marginal for my engine. The engine in the car currently is a stock one to test the systems. I converted it to 24v to see if problem went away. It did so its cranks fast now and fires straight away

Allan says the other fix is an mentioned above and grind a 2nd tooth off. My race engine is a 24-2 Gen2 so will be moving it too 24-2.

Good thing to come out of the testing is the external oil pressure works real well with close to 30psi hot at idle so looks like I wont have to have idle at close to 1800 rpom the guys we race with do to get enough hot oil pressure

Thanks everyone again for the guidance.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Can't really help but would have thought that if a stock Busa can work with 24-1 and the early ones with 12-1 then modifying the rotor is unlikely to cure what looks like a voltage problem! One thing they don't like is trying to start with low volts - they kick back and break things! ! ! Do a quick amps draw calc and if its anywhere near battery amp/hr rating - i'd be looking at trying a bigger capacity. For example a Bosch 044 pump draws 11A + ecu @1A + Ign COP's @ 6A and you are well into battery deficit!
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

yeah thanks. Other bit that I have different is I run an fully external oil system and that puts more load on the starter too due to larger capicity.

Starts immediately on 24v, but will likely go to a Gen2 stator