Anyone used virtual dyno?

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
DiscoPotatoes
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Anyone used virtual dyno?

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

I came across this free peace of software.
http://www.virtualdyno.net/
Looks like it could be quite good, it reads csv files from your log files and plots them onto a graph.
But I'm having trouble getting it to read my log files at the mo, I'm discussing a solution with the developer so hopefully get it sorted soon,
Looks like a lot of other happy cusomers( if you can call them that) have it working!
DiscoPotatoes

Re: Anyone used virtual dyno?

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

Quick update for anyone interested,
Got it working ( only took 5 days lol) so now I just need to find a nice quiet pieces of flat Tarmac to do a power run and plot it as a graph
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I think someone did mention it here ages ago, never heard much after that though.

I guess it'll be interesting to see results...and how repeatable they can actually be
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

From my research so far if the all the car input data is correct the read outs are incredibly accurate to within 1 bhp / torque compared to a dyno jet dyno, with repeatable results.
See here..
http://innovativetuning.wordpress.com/o ... tual-dyno/
I will be posting my results as soon as I get some back to back
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

but dynojet read high :mrgreen:

As a tuning tool it is probably fine, as with any dyno. Does the reading increase with mods? Then good, you made it better.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Releeuw45
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Post by Releeuw45 »

Hi DiscoPotatoes,

Just downloaded the virtual dyno SW. Might be a good tool for comparing runs and validate changes in between, Doesn't need to be exact as long it is consistent.

Do you want to share your options and settings? I can can see the Lambda / Throttle /RPM graphs, but not the Torque/ HP graphs.

Thanks.

regards,
René
Releeuw45
GSXR 1000 DTA S60 Track addict
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

Releeuw45 wrote:Hi DiscoPotatoes,

Just downloaded the virtual dyno SW. Might be a good tool for comparing runs and validate changes in between, Doesn't need to be exact as long it is consistent.

Do you want to share your options and settings? I can can see the Lambda / Throttle /RPM graphs, but not the Torque/ HP graphs.

Thanks.

regards,
René
That's where I'm at with the software I'm getting a no TPS data message after loading the log, I've been told by the developer there needs to be more WOT data in the log run for the software to automatically identify the part of the log which is the power run, unfortunately I've not found a road suitable yet and I need to fit a log switch :)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The ecu logs all the time, why would you need a switch ?
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

stevieturbo wrote:The ecu logs all the time, why would you need a switch ?
I thought that's what the log switch was for? Turning it on and off when you wanted, instead of searching through 25 minutes of potentially unwanted data.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

DiscoPotatoes wrote:I thought that's what the log switch was for? Turning it on and off when you wanted, instead of searching through 25 minutes of potentially unwanted data.
Yep.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |