DTA E48

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: DTA E48

Post by Rob Stevens »

You had better test it then, this can be done in test injectors and coils section, there are 2 injector drivers, it is only the 1st one that is disabled (the 2nd has multi functions). On the one I had the pin from the connector to the board had been cut.
mitsakos
ECU Model: P8 Pro
Distributor: second hand
Firmware Version: 29

Post by mitsakos »

Rob Stevens wrote:E48 can't do 2 maps, but honestly if you are swapping from TB to Plenam you must have time to get the lap top out to change map also! :)
It's a great little ecu with launch control etc. I only upgraded to a P8 to get traction control.
Yeap, so i figured..
I don't mind doing that work (changing the map with the laptop, maybe i won't have to do it at all! Hopefully the TB will work as a charm :D

I got a bit confused regarding the ignition only ecu.
The "E48 I" is ignition only?

Thanks a lot!
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

The "E48 I" is ignition only?
Correct
Antral

Post by Antral »

PSAT16 wrote:after a couple hours of reading various things online it turns out that an ignition only E48 can very easily be converted to injection, thankfully (according to what ive been told anyway) my ecu is both fuel and spark
You are lucky ( that one must have slipped the net ) because believe me the E48I cannot be made to run fuel injection, it was a cheaper alternative.
PSAT16
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: friend
Firmware Version: 53

Post by PSAT16 »

Antral wrote:
PSAT16 wrote:after a couple hours of reading various things online it turns out that an ignition only E48 can very easily be converted to injection, thankfully (according to what ive been told anyway) my ecu is both fuel and spark
You are lucky ( that one must have slipped the net ) because believe me the E48I cannot be made to run fuel injection, it was a cheaper alternative.
all pins are connected

i have heard from a couple of peugeot owners who converted their ignition only ecus to fuel/spark, one guy told me that he connected the missing pin and then changed the firmware or something, i know nothing about computers or what firmware is!
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by Mr Drew »

I've just bridged the clipped out pin on maybe half a dozen e48i's and had them run injection no problem.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

It looks like it should work going by that photo then? The one I had definitely had a pin cut off, is there any thing else missing, any one know?