Bloody wideband Help!!!

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
pistonbroke
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Bloody wideband Help!!!

Post by pistonbroke »

Gutted, I have now had 2 innovate lc controllers fail on me with very little use. I have started looking at all the other manufacturers and decided to speak to you the experts about which one to go for.
I have been looking at the new innovate lc that looks just the ticket, but I am worried I will end up with the same story.
The trouble is running 2 on the engine (v8) it's not cheap to keep on having to change them.

Help help help please.
pistonbroke

Re: Bloody wideband Help!!!

Post by pistonbroke »

Sorry forgot to apologise as I am sure this thread has been done before, but I couldn't find any info on the lc-2 controllers.
Thanks
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I didn't think the controller was that troublesome, just needs re-setting regularly? Sorry no experience of the LC2 I use an LC1 thats fine, I also have an MTX-L but can't get the pc to connect to it as the output doesn't match the display.
If you are frying the LC1's ? could you be somehow drawing current through the earths on start up or something? just an idea.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I have no extra current pull.I'm not the only one who's unit has failed unfortunately.
Thanks for the input though Rob.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

Try aem.

Have had no trouble at all with mine,sandy brown reccomended it after ditching the lc1's.
Simon P.
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by Simon P. »

I replaced my LC1 with the NGK AFX with the NTK sensor. Never looked back...
Nem

Post by Nem »

DynoJet Wideband 2 here
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Still dont think you've confirmed what actually failed ?

Whilst they are a PITA to wire up, generally once their working and as long as it says the sensor hasnt died, they are fairly reliable.
Sensors do not last forever, nor do they like moisture.

So what exactly is the problem ?
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Total conflict of lambda reading left to right bank. So I changed lambda and it was exactly the same. I then swapped controllers over and they gave the same readings that they gave on the other side.
I then bought a new lc1 to replace the faulty one and within no time the other started playing up. I have now bought 4 lc1 controllers for 2 banks. This car has done only hours of testing. Two others I know have had similar problems.

As I said I am just after something that works without paying stupid money.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate any ideas.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

So where they showing any error codes ? It does sound incredibly unlikely they are all faulty.

And exactly how were you viewing their outputs ? properly via LogWorks, or relying on the more troublesome analogue outputs when the problem was occurring ?