E48 and wideband rescaling?

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Richspec

E48 and wideband rescaling?

Post by Richspec »

I've searched and found reference to the need to 'rescale' the lambda settings on the e48 as it only reads to 1v, whereas the UEGO gauge setup I have is up to 5v.

Can someone clarify what exactly I need to do to get the ecu seeing the correct reading please.

I'm thinking along the lines of dta 1v setting = lambda value at wideband 5v, dta 0.5v = lambda value at 2.5v???

thanks,

Rich
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: E48 and wideband rescaling?

Post by stevieturbo »

I think it's only later firmware versions that can accept 0-5v on the lambda input

If it's an Innovate WB, just rescale the output with the range 0-1v. Not ideal, but not much choice

If doing that, use a smaller AFR range on the 0-1v.

Like maybe just 10 to 15 if you even need that rich
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Check with dta your ecu serial number as it may be able to use a 5v input. Otherwise you will have to compress the scale as S teve says
Richspec

Post by Richspec »

thanks guys, so is it ecu serial or Firmware that defines the ability to read up to 5V?

I know I sent it back to dta a couple of years ago for a firmware upgrade and they commented on what an early serial number it was :D
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

iirc it was version8 that they added the 5v lambda. might be written on the front of the ecu still.

Drew
Richspec

Post by Richspec »

cool, looking at my records from when the firmware was updated its version 3 serial 1963. but I can swap it for another one I have that's version 8.04.

i'll have a play this weekend and report back,
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I had a P8 and wanted to know how much headroom the lambda actually had as I was using the ana channels for something else. Allan couldn't remember so I made a simple test potentiometer and the P8 can take up to 1.15v on its lambda. Could do the same for the E48?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:I had a P8 and wanted to know how much headroom the lambda actually had as I was using the ana channels for something else. Allan couldn't remember so I made a simple test potentiometer and the P8 can take up to 1.15v on its lambda. Could do the same for the E48?
Later versions of the P8 also allowed wideband on the lambda input.

It was only earlier versions again that forced Ana3 for the wideband 0-5v

I upgraded mine somewhere along the line and switched to using the Lambda input
Richspec

Post by Richspec »

tried the first v3 ecu with the settings from the wideband and no joy, it just sat at 12.3 afr and never moved.
Put in the later v8 e48 and uploaded the same map onto it and bingo! lambda readings on the ecu.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Richspec wrote:tried the first v3 ecu with the settings from the wideband and no joy, it just sat at 12.3 afr and never moved.
Put in the later v8 e48 and uploaded the same map onto it and bingo! lambda readings on the ecu.
The earlier ecu should still be able to give you some readings if you feed it a 0-1v, or even a simulated NB input.

But the 0-5v linear is of course best